Wednesday, September 8, 2010

So MUCH catching up to do!

I was thinking about all the catching up on the blog I have to do for the past month and it has made me NOT want to post. At this point I'm tired of watching Hulu, I work ten days in a row starting tomorrow and the house is semi-how-we-would like it to be. So I'm not going to start from where I left off. I'm just going to start from now and maybe add some of what I haven't been posting in the last two months in.

Guess what?!?!? We live in New York City now. "I" live in New York City. I didn't ever think that statement would come out of my mouth. Alas, here I am working, homemaking, supporting and enjoying. I can't believe all we've done so far. I could mention stuff like Times Square, Central Park and Statue of Liberty but I want to talk about the smaller things. The things you just might not know about unless you lived here.

First the food.... ahhh it's amazing. We had a few chances to get out into our neighborhood and in Manhattan. Here are the places we've been to that are awesome...

Shake Shack in Madison Square: http://www.shakeshack.com/ The burgers were awesome but I really liked the open WIFI in the park. You can eat your sit outside, eat your burger and surf the net all at once.

Sarah is allergic to Gluten and we stumbled upon this cute little cafe in search of Shake Shack: http://www.mozzarellis.com/ Once we actually eat there we'll post more but we went in and it looked amazing and has excellent reviews.


Last night we had our good friend Maya staying with us for the final night. We were looking for something authentic and after researching and word of mouth we ended up going to:http://kababking.com/index_2.html Kabab King specialized in excellent diverse ethnic food including Pakistani, Indian, Bangladeshi, Turkish and Chinese Cuisine.

While at Lemon Ice King there's an awesome park right across the street known to locals as spaghetti park. The Italian guys play Bocce Ball for money into the wee hours of the morning. They are also pretty comical with playing for money and how passionate they are.


So those are just a few places we've eaten here in NYC since moving here. I hope the next post won't take so long. I hope to find you all well. Thanks for keeping up with us and all of your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment